Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have any experience with water wetter?

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftHappensLTi View Post
    Perhaps you could test and do a "part review" on it here in the forums
    This

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

The thing with water wetter and like products is it has cleaning agents to keep the cooling system from build up and crystalizations caused by incredient of the coolant. Not much is usually noticed with these products on cooling but in long term it is good too keep the system up to par by keeping it clean and letting it circulate well...

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I can do my best without any documenting lol

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've used it before and had no noticeable difference (had prosport temp gauge).

The thought about cleaning agents is true....however if you maintain your cooling system like you should (full flushes, using distilled water, quality antifreeze, etc) you wont have to worry about buildup

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I probably need to do a flush soon.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Can I add this to my over flow if I have no room in the radiator? I'm a little low in the overflow.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Nevermind, stupid question. The overflow is always expanding and contracting when hot and cold.

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Water wetter will not show much of a difference on the gauge if any at all. It is not meant to reduce the operating temperature but to aid the transfer of heat from the metal surfaces to the water. This has to do with the surface tension of the water itself and the wetter acts as a surfactant. The water molecules cling to the surfaces of the cylinder walls and allow the heat to transfer more efficiently thereby reducing hot spots. It also allows the radiator to be more efficient in the same way.

Surface tension is what allows a paper clip to float on water. By adding water wetter you increase the cohesion of the molecules between the paper clip and the water and the water molecules tend to adhere instead of resist.

If it is lower temps you are after then it is the thermostat that controls that. the effect water wetter will have on the thermostat is that it will not open as often but the thermostat will always strive to maintain the optimal temperature.

Redline is a proven product. There are others but I have only ever used Redline. I noticed it working on extreme HPDE days in the summer where my car would tend to over heat. Once I started using water wetter, my cars never over heated
    Last edited by HolyCrapItsFast; 02-12-2012 at 12:27 PM.

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Some good info. I actually watched a video about it on 2 guys garage. Basically they said it breaks out down so that coolant can get into small crevices that out would have normally flowed over before. Basically just makes the coolant more efficient.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12