Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Oil Feed System

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Turbo Oil Feed System

I have been loking around about doing my TD04 EJ22 Setup and had a guy tell me on his last build he did a separate oil feed system for his turbo instead of tapping into the engines oil system. I have been debating now on whether or not i want to tap into the engine now. What do you guys think about that?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sounds like it could be a good idea if done correctly. Maybe keep the oil and the turbo cooler?

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yea thats what i was thinking. But i wanted to get imput from u guys first lol

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well I'm by no means an expert. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAC Wagon View Post
    Well I'm by no means an expert. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    It's been done but you will need to have a separate type of oil pump to keep the entire system pressurized. This is why guys always use the engine. If you use wrx/STi heads you can use a 22 but I'd recommend a 22t since the 22t is the actual closed deck
    Yea i figured id have to add in a way to circulate the oil. This is a budget build so i have an EJ22E to work with lol.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

its not that i dont make enough monies lol providing for my family comes first if i were single it wouldnt be an issue but im not. And im happy to be married tomy wonderful wife and to have our beautiful daughter.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Haha well I don't think I'm gonna find a vf39 for $30 like I did this TD04 lol. :P

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yea well I may still look into the local pullapart because any 4cyl fan to flywheel is 115. But idk

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

got my VF39 for free... :P

Then I paid $350 to have it totally rebuit with new bearings, studs, and cleaned up polished.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast