Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: low boost

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

low boost

after getting my clutch and flywheel changed i am now getting low boost. do i have to reflash my ecu with my ap to get back to normal or is there something else i should look at? i was also wondering if i should flash the stag 2 since i am running a turbo back exhaust or should i wait untill after my break in period for the clutch?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Who did your clutch? Sounds like they screwed up a bunch of stuff!

Check your intercooler lines to make sure they are connected tight and properly. You shouldn't have to re-flash anything.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

it was a local shop where the one guy supposedly specialized in subarus but i am seeing that to not be the case... thanks ill take a look. i do get some boost but its low. im not sure exactly how much bc i just saw it on the stock guage that is in bar. when i work on it tomorrow ill put my ap on it and read the boost levels.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

um i heard if you put a lightweight flywheel the scoobs dont like that at all they need the inertia effect. try googling light flywheel on Wrx

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

i can log with my access port yes... ill double check bar when i get the chance to work with it agin

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Omegared99 View Post
    um i heard if you put a lightweight flywheel the scoobs dont like that at all they need the inertia effect. try googling light flywheel on Wrx
    i saw a lot against doing it for a legacy but didnt see anything about the wrx needing the heavier flywheel. mostly all they said was that your rpms drop faster and you will need to change your shifting style...

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

A log will tell us a bunch. Please take a log driving around normally. Try to get it into boost from time to time. Log the following parameters and post it to google documents...

A/F correction
    A/F Learned #1
    A/F Sensor Ratio #1
    DAM
    Injector Duty Cycle
    RPM
    Calculated Load
    CL/OL Switch
    Boost
    Fine Learned Knock
    Feed Back Knock

With out any other information I would venture to guess that your DAM fell below .2 and invoked fail safe mode. I will bet that your turbo is operating on waste gate pressure only. Usually around 9-10 psi. The other thing is the tech could have knocked off a hose somewhere so check every hose to see that it is secure
    Last edited by HolyCrapItsFast; 02-13-2012 at 02:21 PM.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HolyCrapItsFast View Post
    A log will tell us a bunch. Please take a log driving around normally. Log the following parameters and post it to google documents...

A/F correction
    A/F Learned #1
    A/F Sensor Ratio #1
    DAM
    Injector Duty Cycle
    RPM
    Calculated Load
    CL/OL Switch
    Boost
    Fine Learned Knock
    Feed Back Knock

With out any other information I would venture to guess that your DAM fell below .2 and invoked fail safe mode. I will bet that your turbo is operating on waste gate pressure only. Usually around 9-10 psi
    Yeah, what he said.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I would say you have a boost leak somewhere...good chance they didnt hook something back up right or knocked something loose.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

havent gotten much of a chance to get to look for a leak lately. its been rainin or snowin and dont have a garage to put it in yet. and i forgot my cabel for my ap when i took it out yesturday... lookin at the guage in the car though i was goin to bout .7 bar on the guage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast