Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike Riding

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I used to ride my brother's Kona Blast all the time, to work(was about 3 miles down the road)..had fun on it. Jumped off of my deck with it(about a 4 foot drop) and I feel like I almost broke the fork..Rockshox Dart 2, not known for quality..oops.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I've got a Trek 4-series 26" mountain bike that I ride all the time. It just replaced my old Trek that was given away on me.... I just need to get some roof racks to transport it to all the places I can ride it. It (and my old bike) been my only work out machine for the past 6 or 7 months, and my only mode of transportation recently.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Biking is the best way to get fit!
    Works the stomach, legs, pecs, glutes, everyyythang just about.
    Depending on the riding, it would even work your forearms, shoulders, and biceps. Just depends what you do!
    Haters gon' hate

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Well most of the riding I do is either along the berm of the road or on the local bike path. Mostly for cardio lol

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Using biking as a form of exercise all depends on how you complete a circuit lol

Most people when they bike are not nearly pushing themselves hard enough to increase their cardiovascular endurance by a noticeable amount. If you want a great workout on a bike...pedal as hard/ as fast as you can for 40 seconds and 20 seconds of rest. Using this method 4-5 times a week will make a dramatic difference in your overall cardiovascular/ muscular endurance (depending on which gear your using).

just so people know, i am a certified personal trainer and been studying exercise science and sports management for almost 4 years now haha thats why i know so much info on fitness.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Haha yea around me there are lots of hills so that's basically how I have to ride. Pedal real hard up the hill and coast a little ways and do it again XD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12