Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: noise after clutch and flywheel install

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

noise after clutch and flywheel install

I just had a new clutch and flywheel installed in my car and now i hear a like knocking noise. I have heard that it is possible to hear this with a lightweight flywheel is that true or should I double check and make sure everything was put back together right?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

A lightweight flywheel doesn't knock...

Double check everything

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

thanks will do...

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Is it knock or chatter?? What type of clutch & Flywheel?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

competion clutch stage 2 and their flywheel. Id say knock and it really only seems to happen when im goin over bumps and such wich is what made me think they didnt hook things back up right...

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I would take it back to them. They could have left numerous things loose....drive shaft...crossmember....mounts.....exhaust.....etc

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

ok will do thank you

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Im curious to see what the issue is.

BTW, did you notice a difference in rev quickness?

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Of course the engine revs faster. A lightweight flywheel gives you an extra 50 honda power....lol jk

paired with a lightweight crank pulley, the lightweight flywheel can make your engine a pretty free reving engine. The only downfall to this is that you lose revs faster between your shifts....but if you know how to shift properly its not really a problem...as well you will notice a bit better throttle response.

i wouldn't say this is one of those mods you have to go spend money on right away and do...but its definatly one of those things you want to do when you replace the clutch....spend the few extra dollars and get the good performance stuff instead of the crap oem stuff

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

im taking it back to them today as soon as they open. and i did replace the flywheel bc i replaced the clutch. the clutch had gone out and figured it would be the best time to do it. thanks for all the good help and pointers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast