Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So..Coilovers.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So..Coilovers.

As some of you know, I recently got a 2009 Legacy..absolutely loving it honestly! Not quite like a go-kart..but it's pretty "zippy" I guess, handles really well around turns..however, I'd like to know..for quality reasons..what would be a good coilover to go with? I noticed the Rallitek website is selling Cusco Coilovers, and I've seen KW, as well as TEIN..but I'm curious if anyone has had experience with any of these? Thanks in advance!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

From the one person I know that has them, I here very good things about Cusco coils. They're on his 08 EVO. And from a lot of guys, with a lot of different cars, not so many are fans of the Tien's. Just my .02 since I've never actually used either of them personally..

However, as an alternative, a guy who works at an exhaust shop in my area has had BC coils on his 05 Legacy 2.5i for a while now and he constantly raves about them whenever the topic comes up in conversation. I've personally driven his car, and I have to say that I liked them. They even give a fairly comfortable when set at the softest setting.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hmm..my driveway is kind of steep, so I need something kind of stiff because of when I have to pull up the driveway so I don't scrape the sh** out of my bumper.

Also..kind of off topic(but it's my thread, so I don't care if you guys don't ) But I was thinking..rim sizes..due to me not wanting to chance the paint cracking if I were to get my fenders rolled...what would be a nice "Flush" width of rims for the Legacy? I was thinking like some 18x10's in the back, and 18x9's in the front..or should I go 19's? Any input on this is definitely appreciated!

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thats pretty wide for leggys, even the newer ones. I run 17x8 with a 245/45 series tire and have a flat flush wheel face with minimal rubbing.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Right now, I think they are 17x7's or 8..in the back, there's about 2 inches of room, for it to "tuck" under the fender if I wanted.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

dont go different sizes. you have to stick with one size wheel and tire for all four.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I heard from another forum it'll mess up the LSD's...so I definitely don't want, or need that to happen. Trying to find a size that has a nice offset, a little lip is always nice(to me)..I was thinking maybe 18x8.5 all the way around, with a little bit of different offsets then?

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Good luck getting a lip. I love a big lip on a wheel but alas... I dont own a 350Z

Our wheels just dont support that much lip area. You might get lucky and find a wheel with it though. Keep searching!

You want to keep all your wheels and tires the same. I personally wouldnt run different offsets, tire sizes, or wheel widths on an AWD... ever. On a rear wheel sports car, hell ya in a heartbeat.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    Adam, Reks says you must sell those immediately because you are NOT allowed to have the same wheels as he does.
    well mine will be a slightly different color here soon. does that count?

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Guess great minds think alike eh?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast