Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So..Coilovers.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

I'm running BCs on my 06 Legacy and I like them, but I wouldn't say I love them. To be honest the only reason I got them was because they were stupid cheap (as in I think I paid $250 shipped for the set) and in good condition. If I were buying new I would probably save a little longer and get something in the $1500 range that has better dampening. That being said I don't think you will be disappointed in the BC BRs, especially if they are your first coilovers. I agree with Twiz, I've heard lots of complaints about the lower priced Teins and good things about Cusco, KW, and ISC. What is your budget for them?

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    Define "great" lmao
    Perverted with a love of subies?

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I bought Racelands... and have to admit, other than a little fluid noise on bumps and cold weather pops and creaks when I first move the car in the morning I am totally happy and amazed they ride so good! they ride better than my buddys Megans on his STi.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAC Wagon View Post
    I bought Racelands... and have to admit, other than a little fluid noise on bumps and cold weather pops and creaks when I first move the car in the morning I am totally happy and amazed they ride so good! they ride better than my buddys Megans on his STi.
    I'm going to pick up a set of Raceland's eventually. I will buy them along with a set of 08 Forester XT Sport wheels and some Dunlop Star Specs.

OH, and btw they upped the rear spring rate to 280 lbs/in. I remember you saying that the ones you had weren't stiff enough for your taste.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I'm going to pick up a set of Raceland's eventually. I will buy them along with a set of 08 Forester XT Sport wheels and some Dunlop Star Specs.

OH, and btw they upped the rear spring rate to 280 lbs/in. I remember you saying that the ones you had weren't stiff enough for your taste.
    Thats a LITTLE better, but for a wagon its still soft. The front is perfect @450lbs/in

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I will buy them along with a set of 08 Forester XT Sport wheels and some Dunlop Star Specs.

These?

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

BTW, this is what I paid for my coilovers and Kenny so you can see what model they were.

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docdesigned View Post
    I'm running BCs on my 06 Legacy and I like them, but I wouldn't say I love them. To be honest the only reason I got them was because they were stupid cheap (as in I think I paid $250 shipped for the set) and in good condition. If I were buying new I would probably save a little longer and get something in the $1500 range that has better dampening. That being said I don't think you will be disappointed in the BC BRs, especially if they are your first coilovers. I agree with Twiz, I've heard lots of complaints about the lower priced Teins and good things about Cusco, KW, and ISC. What is your budget for them?
    Budget is pretty much whatever I want to spend on them. I have no bills atm(living at home) aside from paying the car payment and insurance.

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I wish I could comment on the H&R's. They look nice! I'm hoping "Street Performance" coilovers don't ruin gravel driving
    Haters gon' hate

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eon_Blue View Post
    Budget is pretty much whatever I want to spend on them. I have no bills atm(living at home) aside from paying the car payment and insurance.

Then spare no expense! Honestly, get the best set thats rebuildable with adjustable everything.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast