Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith's 1991 Legacy Wagon

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Keith's 1991 Legacy Wagon

Well the build has officially begun. Leggy iss off the streets and spending some quality garage time. here are a few pics.

These are the before pics.

Now here are some pics from the gutting process.

Unfortunately my radio in my garage got fried so i had to improvise.

Pulled the radio out of the Leggy and Wired it to a marine deep cycle battery i had laying around and then to the speakers from the old radio. I works great especially in tandem with all the music on my tablet.

Nothing better than Yeung lings and Subarus
    Last edited by ShiftHappensLTi; 02-06-2012 at 10:04 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

well did some more tear down today and have more planned for my day off tomorrow. however i have found that i am going to have to add a gauge that i really wasn't planning on putting and aftermarket one in for. i was pulling the dash apart today. as i was pulling the instrument cluster out i noticed that my water temp gauge was busted. like the center shaft the indicator attaches to was physically broken. no wonder it has been jumping around. lol

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That just means your water had too much horsepower!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

hahaha yea my coolant definitely had to much HP XD

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well I spent part of my day today working on pulling the motor out of the wagon. Didn't get it completely out cuz today was valentines day so the wife and I went out to dinner. Its almost out though. Just gotta unbolt the mounts and split the motor from the trans and its out. I definitely busted a few knuckles in the process lol and broken a plastic piece. Curse you brittle 20 year old piece of plastic. I will post some pictures up in the morning when I get a chance to load them on the computer

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

got the old factory radiator out. planning on putting in a WRX radiator.

engine bay minus radiator.

took out the lame factory horns.

JJ saved me some busted knuckles with the FastFit gloves he sent with my T-shirt

Amazingly still has the original PS pump

Darn old bolts. this one turned out enough to loosen the alternator then snapped off when i went to remove it

Intake Manifold is out.

and on the floor.

Curse you brittle 20 year old plastic.

Well now all i have left to do is undo the mounts and split the block from the trans and put it on the stand. time was cut short because the work was done on valentines day so of course had dinner plans lol.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Looking good!

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thanks adam

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

So i got the replacement gaugeface done for the gauge cluster since bot the coolant temp and fuel level gauges broke. looks pretty good imo. ill post pics up soon.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Here is the new gauge faces looks very clean in my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast