Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  15
Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Subaru today?

1. Top Of Page | #571

User Info Menu

Today my subie got the following at Lehman Subaru:
    *90,000 mile service
    *balance & rotated the tires
    *fixed slow leak in left rear tire
    *fuel injector cleaning
    *replaced cabin air filter
    *had a/c checked
    *full detail
    *dealer doing multi-point inspection
    I get her back between 9-10 am tomorrow morning. She'll be good as new! We leave for two weeks on the 18th. Heading to NJ, Upstate NY and VT. When I get back, I'll need another oil change!

2. Top Of Page | #572
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I WAS going to get a spare key made today... Then I found out its $140.... Yeaaaaa no.

3. Top Of Page | #573

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 04Roobi View Post
    I WAS going to get a spare key made today... Then I found out its $140.... Yeaaaaa no.
    Ouch!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #574
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Installed 4 brand new rotors, as well as brake pads. And from a little bit of digging I ended up finding out that my EJ18 can assume the 'boxer rumble' through unequal headers. So that will be my next purchase.

5. Top Of Page | #575

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Falenn View Post
    Installed 4 brand new rotors, as well as brake pads. And from a little bit of digging I ended up finding out that my EJ18 can assume the 'boxer rumble' through unequal headers. So that will be my next purchase.
    What brakes and rotors did you put on?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

6. Top Of Page | #576
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 04Roobi View Post
    Order an STi key on eBay (authentic Subaru part) for $25 and take it to any hardware store. They'll grind the key for free (Most do it for free. Some charge like $5..) This is what I did for all my keys. Primary and spare. No more stupid, black plastic keys for me!

7. Top Of Page | #577
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hers probably has the immobilizer in it, hence the high cost. Or maybe the STEALership is just charging a ridiculous amount for a key

8. Top Of Page | #578
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The $25 key on eBay has the chip in it, too. You just need to program it using the directions in the car's owner's manual. Only takes a few minutes. My guess is the STEALERship is doing as suggested.

EDIT: I forgot. The STi key doesn't have the chip in it. You need to take the chip out of your old key to make it work. Pretty simple though.
    Last edited by eekay; 08-11-2012 at 03:54 AM.

9. Top Of Page | #579
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ya, but I would need another chip cuz if I lose my main key, with the chip in it, then a spare without a chip is useless :/ I had the sti key for my WRX and I liked it a lot. It was just different from everything else

10. Top Of Page | #580
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No, no... Remove the chip from your key and put it in the car somewhere. Then, use non-chipped keys to start it. People think this will allow thieves to steal your car but if you have a real alarm, it's nothing. I hate that immobilizer stuff.

Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast