Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STI Pinks on WRX with Walbro FP

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

STI Pinks on WRX with Walbro FP

If i was to install these on an otherwise stock WRX would i need to get it tuned.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Simple answer yet very effective. I was going with stage 2 AP with Stage 2 AP maps Invidia DP SRS catback and Perrin intake . So im gonna take to perrin to see if they can adjust there free map to compensate for the PINKS what ya think

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba02STi View Post
    So you have an Ap OTS stage2 tune now? I hate to say it but I doubt they will adjust the map for free... I hope you have an afr gauge... I would ask gino,or edwin and see if,there,is something,they can do for you if you dont want to pay perrin (i bet they will be expensibe) and our guys,here might be able to do something cheaper for you
    +1

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I am assuming that the OP meant he was getting the AP from perrin and perring includes OTS STG 2 maps with theirs. I doubt they will adjust it for free. In any case depending on what year wrx you have sti pinks are a pretty useless upgrade since they are barely bigger than the stock injectors for the 06 and up wrx.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

yeah i kind of figured that lol but its all good ive ordered my AP and Stage 2 map and go pick up my exhaust this friday, just gotta get new gasket and heat wrap for the DP thanks for the help folks

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Injectors only flow what the ecm tells them to flow. As long as the flow chart has a range of your needs for flow or in other words if the flow is capable of stock cc's and higher nothing needs to be done with them besides installing them and pluging them in.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by $F-5$ prod. View Post
    Injectors only flow what the ecm tells them to flow. As long as the flow chart has a range of your needs for flow or in other words if the flow is capable of stock cc's and higher nothing needs to be done with them besides installing them and pluging them in.
    This is actually inaccurate. The stock ECU tells the injectors to flow at certain percentages, not in a cc per minute reading. With that being said a higher cc/min injector will result in a higher amount of fuel being pumped in without adjusting the map.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by griff9502 View Post
    This is actually inaccurate. The stock ECU tells the injectors to flow at certain percentages, not in a cc per minute reading. With that being said a higher cc/min injector will result in a higher amount of fuel being pumped in without adjusting the map.
    I did not know that and it took me reading it a few times to figure out exactly how this would happen but I get it now. +1 to you -1 to me... I didn't stop to think that the injectors flow a certain percentage of the cc's allowed.
    Last edited by $F-5$ prod.; 02-14-2012 at 12:45 PM.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nice to see you two playing nicely! Id hate to have to put you two in the corner for causing drama!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast