Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Sizes?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tire Sizes?

I recently picked up a set of wheels for the upcoming summer season and I need to purchase some tires. I am very new with wheels/ tires in general so any help would be appreciated. I have zero interest in stretching the tires but I do plan on buying lowering springs at some point. This setup is going on a 2008 Impreza sedan for reference. I've been told I will only have to roll my rears to fit the wheels too.

the wheels are: XXR 527 17 x 8.25 e35

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have 17x8 Rota boosts on my wagon. I run a 245/45 Dunlop Direzza (very sticky tire in summer!).

There are pics of the flushness on my page and throughout the forum if you want to see. Go to the post whore thread on page 108 or so (maybe 109 or later?) and theres a picture of me and my wagon.

Are there tires on the XXRs now? If so, post pics and let us know what size.
    Last edited by JAC Wagon; 01-26-2012 at 11:49 AM.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I will be sure to check out some of your posts throughout the forum!

I currently do not have any tires on the wheels now. I just purchased the wheels on cyber monday since I got a good deal.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@ JAC Wagon .. what are your suspension specs? I'm going to assume coils? The fitment you have on your car is exactly how I want mine to sit.. I want it lowered but not slammed. I also like the bulkly tire look. Hopefully mine sits flush with the fenders.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have coilovers that have adjustable ride height and preload.

Obviously we have different cars so I'm not sure what you can use to get that effect but a little searching will give you a lot of good info.

I think coilovers are the way to go because of the adjustability and ride quality. Lowering springs do just that, lower to a certain point. No adjustment.

I love the ride and look of my coilovers even though they are "cheap" race lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

^ I was actually looking at those racelands for a little bit because they were so cheap and I love the idea of height adjustability

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by daiges26 View Post
    ^ I was actually looking at those racelands for a little bit because they were so cheap and I love the idea of height adjustability
    What is your car lowered on currently? Is it slammed like the one in your avatar? I am lowered on eibach lowering springs, run a 18x8 +35 with 235/40's. Although I wished I went with 245 or if I can find out if 255 would fit, only went with 235 because I had Rota G-Forces 18x9 +35.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dScooby View Post
    What is your car lowered on currently? Is it slammed like the one in your avatar? I am lowered on eibach lowering springs, run a 18x8 +35 with 235/40's. Although I wished I went with 245 or if I can find out if 255 would fit, only went with 235 because I had Rota G-Forces 18x9 +35.
    Wow, thank you for the help! That is literally the look I am going for haha

My car does not currently have any suspension mods..the avatar is a lil help from a friend that knows ps

I think I am going to go with 245/40/17. What did you have to do for fender mods? anything? I think I'm going to purchase some lowering springs at some point too

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I run Rota Formulas with 245/40's and I still have room for more meat. and I have dunlop direzza dz101's, I LOVE THEM!

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

^ do you have an 08+ narrow body?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast