Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a few quesitons about the Legacy! :)

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just a few quesitons about the Legacy! :)

Alrighty, so I now have a 2009 Legacy...I definitely want to lower it a little..but can't find any Coilover packages for just a Legacy. Found plenty for the Legacy GT, but I have no idea if they'll interchange? I don't see why not, but some companies are weird like that.

Another, I was trying to find exhaust for them, but only found for the GT..I know the GT is turbo, and the 2.5i Isn't turbo, do they make exhaust systems for just the 2.5 from the Cat-back? Or just Turbo-back?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I own a legacy so I feel your pain about finding parts. We arent nearly as popular as the WRX and STi crowd so the demand is a lot lower. But if you are determined you will find the info you want.

Good luck!
    Last edited by John; 01-25-2012 at 10:39 PM.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

GT suspension will work and GT catback exhaust will work.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

08+ wrx SEDAN exhaust fits 05-09 legacy sedans too...I think.
    Last edited by DownforceTom; 01-25-2012 at 10:57 PM.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I hope so! I really do want to find this info out for sure, because I'm looking to kind of..sneak this in under the radar..then my dad(drives us to work in it) will be like "THE HELL?!" and says he won't enjoy it..but he will. Lower, nice exhaust tone, and rims are pretty much what I will start off with.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yea finding parts foe the legacy can be a pain especially my 91 but persistence is key. Parts are out the we just have to look a little bit harder than the Impreza community

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Anyone have any recommendations on companies for quality/sound reasons on Exhaust? With Suspension I'll probably go TEIN or KW, eventually. Rims..Maybe some sick Work VS-XX's that are gold..Gold always looks absolutely beautiful on silver.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Id look at Rota and XXR for wheels and use money for other mods personally.

For 2nd gens you have to make or modify custom exhausts.

Ive got UEL headers and welded on magnaflow muffler, great but too quiet for me.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Rota doesn't really make any rims that I like, and XXR rims are way too common around here. I honestly don't want this car to be modded like crazy, just something low, and when people look at it..they go "Damn. I have no idea what kind of car that is, but it's sick" The kind of low, I want it to have a nice stance, just nothing ridiculously low. I'm fine with spending the money on the rims, especially because everyone is super cheap around here and buys crappy things for their cars. John can attest to that, welcome to Barrett Parkway! Haha

As for Exhaust, I've seen some Cobb exhausts, but I'm not 100% sure if they'll work..due to them for the GT model. Anyone here with a 4th gen Legacy know, if they'll work from the cat-back on a Non-turbo model?

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hmm...alrighty! Thanks for the help guys! Appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast