Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: megan racing coilovers or koni yellows

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

megan racing coilovers or koni yellows

I have an 08 WRX and all four struts are blown. I am having a hard time deciding on koni's or coilovers. This is my daily driver but i do like to go on canyon runs and the very occasional track day.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

First of all WELCOME to the forums!

I personally dont have any experience with either, but Ive heard more owners that run the Megan coilovers.

How many miles are on your '08 to have 4 blown struts already?!?

Also feel free to stop in and post in the Introduction forum and tell everyone a little about you and your Suby!

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Hello,

There are a couple things to look at here... If this is a DD like you said you are probably wanting a comfortable ride, this will be where the KONI yellows help you. Add a set of lowering springs while you are doing it from eithe H&R or Eibach and you will be happy with stance, feel, and ride.

If you are looking to use this alot more for track and so on I would say go coilovers but you will be giving up ride quality for a much rougher feel.

Any questions, please feel free to contact us.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I already have H&R springs. How much of a pain in the a** is it to tear apart the factory front struts to put the Koni inserts in?

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

If you already have the H&Rs I would say def. go with the KONI yellows. It's not that difficult, main thing is having the proper tools. Spring compressor set is the biggest thing. Other than that its a cake walk imo. We carry these as well so if we can help you out with those I would be happy too. If you have any questions on install feel free to ask.