Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: What is the best engine oil?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amsoil

3 33.33%
  • Royal Purple

1 11.11%
  • Mobil

2 22.22%
  • Pennzoil / Quaker State / Shell

0 0%
  • Castrol

1 11.11%
  • Valvoline

1 11.11%
  • Kendall

1 11.11%
  • Peak

0 0%
  • Havoline

0 0%
  • Motorcraft

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great Oil Debate (Poll Inside)

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The Great Oil Debate (Poll Inside)

What is your preference of engine oil for Subarus? Why?

Be sure to vote your choice in the poll at the top of the thread!

This is always a debated subject, so I know there is going to be some debates in this thread. But lets keep things civil. Any hateful or nasty posts will be deleted.
    Last edited by John; 01-13-2012 at 02:04 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Royal Purple. I don't even recall what I used before, Castrol Synthetic maybe.
    Don't have experience with the AMS, but have been hearing good things........
    Haters gon' hate

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Voted for Kendall. Which if I recall Brad Penn is the new name for the company. Correct me if i'm wrong.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've known Kendall to be recycled cheap oil??? You can buy it in bulk (100+ gallons at a time) for dirt cheap.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The OLD Kendall oil - In 1997, American Refining Group, Inc. purchased the Kendall® / Amalie® refinery located in Bradford, PA, from Witco Corporation. As a result of the sale of the Kendall® and Amalie® brands to a third party, a new name was given to the products produced at the site-Brad Penn® Premium Pennsylvania Grade Lubricants.
    http://www.hdmworld.com/lube-brad_penn.htm

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

This is like the "Green Oil" we all used to know as the Kendall GT-1 and Amalie Pro brands. Witco Chemical, the original refinery owners, sold the Kendall and Amalie naming rights years ago to Sunoco, who sold "Kendall" to Conoco/Phillips and "Amalie" to Barkett Oil Co, and those brand name oils are no longer Pennsylvania Crude based oils.
    Kendall is no longer owned by them. That page is saying that Kendall is now owned by someone else and its a completely different base stock.

The Kendall that you currently get when you have a shop change your oil (if thats what they stock in bulk) is poorly recycled oil. You can take a clear plastic cup and fill one with Kendall 5w30 and the other with any brand of "new" 5w30 and see the difference in the color alone.

A shop that I worked for about two years ago stocked Kendall in bulk (10w30). We paid something like $1.30 a quart for it. A quality oil is never that cheap.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ive heard loads of things about Amsoil. sounds great but cant say from a personal perspective.
    Royal purple is a no-go for me. Have used it before and was really disappointed with it. My engine ate up all my oil when I used it

Using Mobil right now. So far so good.
    My vote goes for mobil, until i get to try out amsoil. Then im sure i'll probably change that vote

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Okay thanks for correcting me lol.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby STIle View Post
    My vote goes for mobil, until i get to try out amsoil. Then im sure i'll probably change that vote
    ...you didn't vote on the poll

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

EDIT by John : "Fixed embedded video."
    Last edited by John; 01-13-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast