Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Snow Driving Tips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Snow Driving Tips

Here will be an updated list of snow driving techniques. This could be anything from having fun sliding around to daily driving.

If there is anything you would like added to the list, please post it up!
    • Avoid sudden steering movements, braking, and accelerating.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Despite having AWD, still give yourself extra stopping distance. Whether coming to a stop or following traffic.
    If you have a manual, shift earlier. You don't want that extra torque when it's slick.
    Sometimes, gravel can be your friend in the snow. Due to the heterogeneous nature of the surface, slick ice is less likely to accumulate than on a smooth, flat, paved surface.
    Haters gon' hate

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba02STi View Post
    if you do have to stop going up a hill and cant get going again "bump" your self up with the curb... (use your rear wheel to bounce off the curb)
    I've never heard or thought of this...but it seems that it would work. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by lulz View Post
    Despite having AWD, still give yourself extra stopping distance.
    Even though AWD gives you much better grip on acceleration, its all wheel DRIVE...not stop. It will stop just like any other car. Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by lulz View Post
    Sometimes, gravel can be your friend in the snow. Due to the heterogeneous nature of the surface, slick ice is less likely to accumulate than on a smooth, flat, paved surface.
    Gravel provides extra grip...and can you use words that we can all understand without using Google??? lol

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

[/QUOTE]Gravel provides extra grip...and can you use words that we can all understand without using Google??? lol[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, long day at school!
    Haters gon' hate

5. Top Of Page | #5

Ladies First

User Info Menu

Where I live some drivers tend to go faster the worse the conditions. So my tip is to make extra time to clear your car off properly(visibility is kinda important) and slow down. Take your time. I can't even count the number of times I see cars off the road for no reason other than they are going too fast for the conditions!
    I today already have driven in freezing rain, freezing pellets, freezing giant clumps of snow and sleet, and now snow again. Weather can change fast, check you forecast and plan ahead!

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

driving in mass we get horrible winters, hills, no gravel on the side of the road. if your going down a hill and sliding pump your brakes not to fast or you'll spin. as your doing this u can pop it in neutral wich will take away all power to the wheels allowing you to slow down faster. and if there is a turn at the bottom of said hill pray lol.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

YzVpH