Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake lights??

1. Top Of Page | #1

Ladies First

User Info Menu

Smile Brake lights??

So I am not sure if this is actually my brakes or an electrical problem. I have searched high and low for the answer to my sequence of events with my Legacy. so she is a 2001 and last week it was super cold(Canada cold) and my ABS light came on, I restarted the car and it went away, now a few days later it came back on, now my remote starter wont work. Few more days ABS light off starter works for a day. Now as of yesterday my brake lights are permanently on and my ABS light is off and my remote starter wont work to start the car(it will to unlock the doors).
    Before I go off and have it looked at is there something I am missing, is it a fuse, the starter, car is well maintained even if its my beater. Thanks in advance!

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

This could be a number of things but it sounds like you may have exposed wires touching causing a short. I would get this looked at because this could cause a fire.

3. Top Of Page | #3

Ladies First

User Info Menu

I do have water in my trunk light, so basically this would be why all else is now going haywire, fire no good even when it's cold!! Thanks

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Water in the tail light wont cause all these issues. Abs light in the cold is not uncommon or a huge concern though

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Yea what Reks said, the water in the taillight would more than likely cause you to blow a fuse but you have more goin on than that. This comes down to needing to snake through the wiring and check for bare wires touching each other or touching something metal.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The brake light switch being bad would cause the brake lights to constantly be lit...even when the car is off though. So I think the problem rests elsewhere. I would venture to guess that its something with the remote start system....but I've never messed with them before, so I wouldn't even know where to start to look.

7. Top Of Page | #7

Ladies First

User Info Menu

I think it might be that as well, when I bought the car the wiring was all messed up, with the radio, some sort of kill switch. Anyway all that to say my guys who have installed stuff in all 3 of my vehicles do a awesome job, I see the situation happening with Subaru blaming them and on and on. The car is 11 years old in a crazy climate things are bound to go to crap, I was trying to avoid the installer vs dealership battle and I am the one stuck with the bill. So all that being said going back to have the remote starter looked at. Thanks for all the advice! Cheers!

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

let us know what you find...

9. Top Of Page | #9

Ladies First

User Info Menu

So last night I get home and turn my car off and the engine is still running, which means my remote starter will now work...wtf?? oh and now my brake lights are back to normal...but wait now my back wiper doesn't work...so I am taking my car in on Tuesday or maybe this forum is magical, somethings broke...post it and it will fix itself.The ABS light has not reappeard. Weird, but not unlikely I guess!!

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Sounds like a bug got in your subbie.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast