Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just an idea....thoughts please?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just an idea....thoughts please?

I was thinking of setting up a fund to help members of the board when they are in a time of need.

Just something that people can donate a little money too here and there...and when one of us is struggling, there is somewhere to turn to for help.

Thoughts?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

This is a great thought and I applaud you for it but my only concern are scammers and people taking advantage of the good nature of the community. What are your plans for weeding these people out?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm thinking this option would only be available to known active members of the community. There is really no for sure 100% way to weed out scammers, but we can at least cut the majority of it back by placing heavy restrictions on who qualifies.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great idea but I feel that even trusted people would take advantage. Only reason I feel that way is I got scammed when I was selling shoes, the guy had 100% positive feed back and just went on a scamming spree.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I like the idea John.
    Haters gon' hate

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I say we don't help people, just old school leggys get back on their feet. JK! I'm always a bit paranoid of getting scammed on the interwebs.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

There is always that risk, you just have to be careful about it to minimize the risk.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

This is why I don't give people money, just stuff. Used parts, used engagement rings, used rubber... bushings...

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiwara View Post
    This is why I don't give people money, just stuff. Used parts, used engagement rings, used rubber... bushings...
    Rubber lol

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Rubber lol
    of teh used variety! I got something for you!

seriously though, I have stock parts that if a member needed i would gladly give up to take care of someone. much better idea than $$$

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast