Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Dealer Charging $399 (Lojack) +$399 (VIN Etching) For New Car Purchase? Normal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Dealer Charging $399 (Lojack) +$399 (VIN Etching) For New Car Purchase? Normal?

Is this normal?

They were listed as optional in signing the paperwork, but the dealer says since the car has already installed options, they are charging it, even though they say it is optional.

I already signed the paperwork, getting the car delivered the next day.

Anyways to recourse/dispute it?

2. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASUBARU liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dealer Charging $399 (Lojack) +$399 (VIN Etching) For New Car Purchase? Normal?

@loveascent that is a waste of money.

Don't let them push that on you, friend!

The options are garbage!!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Dealer Charging $399 (Lojack) +$399 (VIN Etching) For New Car Purchase? Normal?

It would be fantastic if you could post some pictures too.

I'm curious how this car would look for this price.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That does sound a bit fishy. I'm not sure if it's normal for dealers to charge for optional features that are already installed. Maybe you can double-check the paperwork to see if it's clearly stated as optional. As for recourse, you could try discussing it with the dealer and see if they're willing to reconsider. By the way, I recently found a similar car in another state, and I need to ship it. I stumbled upon Cross Country Car Shipping (https://www.crosscountrycarshipping.com/) online, and I'm thinking of giving them a shot. It might be worth checking out if you ever need car shipping services.