Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SilverD's blue led glow pic!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Red face SilverD's blue led glow pic!

Hi Ladies,

I thought I would give you all a treat.
    I tried to post this in the Ladies Room, but the forms there are closed so I am posting here.

My 05 WRX SilverD has about 35-40 blue led lights on her. I don't normally show them on forms because of some negative feedback I get from the men in the past forms I have been on.

Ladies on the another hand are different, I've been a part of one another all female Subie club and they loved them.
    Let me know what you girls think. I bought all my blue leds from http://www.oznium.com/led-dome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue lights.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	299 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SilverD_side_door2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	360

This pic was taken about year and half ago so I don't have my custom headlights yet.
    When the weather gets nice I am taking a pic of all the lights on. That's going to be sweet!
    My friends call my car a Spaceship and that the aliens have come to take us.
    That always makes me laugh.
    Last edited by Chibi WRX; 01-12-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Diamonds might be some girls best-friend, but for me it's the Subies!"

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Thank you so much!
    Nothing like a soft blue glow.

Cool, I am glad it's not me on the posting and I am not crazy.
    I was looking everywhere and I was like you know I can't post here. LOL!
    Thanks again for fixing it.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

LOL!, I was thinking what color that was?
    I like to draw in my free time and I know a lot of different colors, but that's new to me.

4. Top Of Page | #4

Ladies First

User Info Menu

Well really what is the deal with negative feedback on a mod you have done to your ride, I don't get that at all. I think your lights rock and I love to see different touches. I have blue overlay on my fog lights there is not much cooler!!!

5. Top Of Page | #5

Ladies First

User Info Menu

Can start a igotbluelights.com!! I so agree with the jealousy factor!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by subieluv View Post
    Well really what is the deal with negative feedback on a mod you have done to your ride, I don't get that at all. I think your lights rock and I love to see different touches. I have blue overlay on my fog lights there is not much cooler!!!
    Thank you!!!! I agree different touches are very nice keeps this fun.
    I am a weird person at times you see I don't take negative feedback really well so to be safe I've kind of learned over the years what some fellow tuners like and don't like.
    I keep telling myself to each their own but, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. LOL!
    Guess what I have blue tint on my fog-lights too they are cool.
    Close up they look blue and far away they look white.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
    Negative folks are just jealous anyway

subieluv, I'm going to do that to my fogs too!
    You should it's awesome you get a nice soft blue glow that Rocks.
    Also you get that HID foglight look without the fear of a fire from doing a HID set up down there.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

haha yes! I don't want HIDs on my car anyway. I hate being blinded by people who have them, so I'm just going to pass on getting them. And you are right, I can get the look without the crazy super brightness!

Oh and I convinced my hubby (Rek888v2) to put the halos like yours on his '04 last night. The black '05 in the pics he showed you was totaled
    Awe that sucks that the 05 were totalled.
    It is cool that he can put them on the 04s.
    I love Halos give the WRX a nice touch.

You can get HIDs in your headlight and not blind anyone if you get HID projectors installed in your headlights.
    A lot of people don't do that extra step and upgrade the light housing for HIDS.

I had my headlights retrofitting with Morimoto H1 Bixenon Projectors last year.
    So my lights aren't blinding anyone.
    It's sad before I went all out for the Retrofit I put Digital HID 35W ballast and 5K bulbs in my headlights without doing the research first to learn that the WRX doesn't have the right housing for HIDs.
    The light beam was all over the place and I hated it.
    I didn't want to be that car you don't want behind you. LOL!

How anothers can drive and blind people with that crazy light is beyond me.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

That's true. Around here I think people get them just so they can blind people lol. I was looking at the link you posted on JJ's thread for his car and I'm thinking about buying the angel eyes kit. I've never done anything with my headlights, even taken them off, so I'll have to wait until it's not so damn cold outside to get them off and the kit figured out because it will probably take awhile

I feel kinda bad because I haven't put any money into Debbie to make her look pretty lol. She's slowly been getting go faster goodies though.
    I need to get more performance mods on SilverD that is one of my goals for next year. This year I am doing taillights and gauges.

Yeah, Lightwerkz is the best!, I sent out my factory headlight to them and had them do all the work. It was like a 3-5 day turn around.
    I own 2 pairs of headlights. My factory ones and the Aftermarket ones. I had my car with the Spec-D tuning headlights on while my OEMs were getting custom work done.
    Check these out.

These are Aftermarket 06-07 Impreza Headlights by Spec-D tuning to give your Subie that Audi look.
    I am not a fan on how the wiring is done to install them on a car if they are design like the Spec-D tuning for the 04-05 Imprezas like I had, but if you install them a different way and don't cut your low beam wires then they are cool. It can be done just a little more work.
    I found these at http://www.fastwrx.com/ (they got all kinds of mods in that store)

Aftermarket headlight don't set on on car like factory ones, but they try they are close there might be a little more extra space between the body of the car and the headlights. That's what I had with my Aftermarket Spec-D headlights.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I do like the Spec D, and you're definitely right on the extra space being there. The front end of my car is a little off anyway. Whoever had it before me tapped into something. She's a little scraped up, and the hood just doesn't sit quite right. It's not too noticeable until you stare at it for awhile, but the driver side has a little extra space over the headlight because of it. I may get my stockers tinted since it's legal here in NC..

Oh, choices choices.
    It's funny all the little things you can see when you stare at your car. I find new dents and scratches all the time.

Aren't those headlights sexy!
    Yeah, I had blue tint on my headlights for years. You get the HID look without all the wires and stuff.
    Check out http://www.decalfx.com/blue_headlight_film.html
    They have a nice blue tint films that are really blue so when on it' looks HID. I have them on my Foglights. Also you can get pre-cut sheets so you just have to stick them on.
    Don't you just love me I have so many lighting ideas. I drive my Sis crazy on what she should do with her 2011 Legacy. LOL!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast