Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: clutch fork release issue

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

clutch fork release issue

wonder if any buddy on this site might be able to help me i have an 06 wrx started a tare down on my scooby i need to replace my clutch ive been successful so far till i try to separate my trans from my motor but cant get the clutch fork to release i searched the web like crazy but cant seem to figure it out my trans doesn't have the set up for the star-bit to release the pin so i'm a lil stumped if i can get help that would be great

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Did you disconnect the pressure plate from the flywheel? Go through the starter hole to do so. Then you can seperate the transmission from the engine. You will have to turn the engine by hand and do one bolt at a time

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ya theirs no plug for a star bit in the area where it should be in i got the EJ 2.5 i seen a pic on the web with the same trans as i got will try and see if i can find it and post it on here

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ok ya there is that lil access hole i seen now those bolts that i seen on the flywheel looks like i need a special tool do i or can i use a 10/ 12 mm wrench and should i turn the flywheel clock wise or counter clock wise or it dont matter just dont want to throw any out of time thanks john / bubba

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ya sry about that bubba my computer a lil slow didnt see that till after i posted it

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

haha ok well i found another accuse hole on top of the motor where i can get a hold the flywheel bolts i'm hoping i can go that rout but ya im use to busting my knuckles thats a day to day bases haha ya i made shore every thing was is disconnected i've been racking my brain for the past 3 days try to remove that clutch fork

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

is your clutch slave cylinder still attached? with a push style clutch it's easy to just pop the motor/trans apart with the clutch fork doing most of the work. that usually gets it started at least.
    best of luck

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

huh rly naw i disconnected it will try that before i start trying to un bolt the flywheel from that lil accuses hole hope that will work rhanks

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

yeah, when i swapped my motor last week, one push on the clutch pedal and it gave us a nice start on the separation process.
    keep us updated

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I always go through the starter hole...every time. I don't like dealing with the problems I come across when I don't. I use a long ratchet and knock it with a hammer. The force is usually quick and sudden enough to bust loose the bolt before the engine even has a chance to turn. If you have problems with that...a prybar / big screwdriver in the flywheel teeth works...or even a breaker bar/socket on the crank pulley to help hold the crank still.

If you disconnected your battery before you started working on it...hook it back up before checking the clutch pedal. For some reason I did a clutch on an 03 WRX and checked the clutch pedal to make sure it felt good before hooking up the battery and it just fell to the floor. Once I hooked up the battery....clutch pedal was fine. I have no earthly idea why it did this...and still haven't figured it out to this day.
    Last edited by John; 12-30-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast