Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: clutch fork release issue

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba02STi View Post
    The 06 trans doesnt have a fork pin...its ball and socket style... You should be able to pull it right out with a little bit of effort.. Or do what john said...
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Did you disconnect the pressure plate from the flywheel? Go through the starter hole to do so. Then you can seperate the transmission from the engine. You will have to turn the engine by hand and do one bolt at a time
    Are you guys sure about this? I recently did a clutch on a WRX and it had the plug and the pin... Here are some pics showing it on an 06 wrx (not sti).

OP... Do you see this at all?
    Last edited by HolyCrapItsFast; 12-31-2011 at 01:27 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I just do the PP regardless of if the pin is there or not.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

If the plug and pin is there, removing it is the easiest way to separate the engine from the tranny. You simply remove the pin, pull up on the fork and it is released and ready to come out. Any other way and you are just making allot of unnecessary work for yourself.

If there is no pin then the engine will separate without removing the fork or the pressure plate according to the manual. This is usually seen in non turbo and some turbo models where the slave cylinder pushes on the fork toward the firewall and the release bearing butts up against the pressure plate springs and pushes to disengage the clutch.

On the pin setup the slave cylinder pushes on the fork toward the front of the car and the release bearing pulls the pressure plate springs out. In this instance the release bearing is attached to the pressure plate assembly and the fork must be released first before the engine can come out.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ya i don't have that set up for the trans as i said before Well i hooked up the slave cylinder hit the clutch to loosened the fork then got a flat tip and a hammer and hit in-between the engine and the trans and it poped loose thanks yall

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ya i think the 05 and down they had the pin set up and the 06 and up they went with the ball and socket set up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast