Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: 2018 Subaru WRX Premium......New AFTERMARKET wheel questions?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2018 Subaru WRX Premium......New AFTERMARKET wheel questions?

Yup.....I'm a noob . I just purchased new Winter tires and wheels for my 2018 Subaru WRX Premium. The Dunlop Summer tires that are on the car, are size 245/40/18. I purchased the same size tires for the snow of New England. Anyways, I looked up the rim size, and what I found was that they are 8 x 18.5 (40 offset). I accidentally ordered 18 x 8 rims (40 offset) for the Winter tires, but was told that it was OK and they'll fit fine. So I get a call from the place that I ordered the tires from (online), and they said that the size that I ordered is NOT in stock and that they are not sure when they are coming in. He said that they had the 8 x 18 (with 45 offset) size in stock, and the difference is minimal between the two rim sizes (He said about .2 inches). Since this is all new to me, I need some advice.......Should I reorder 18 x 8.5"s ? (A lot more $$$$ and LESS selection).....Should I just wait until the 8 x 18's (40 offset) to come back into stock?, or do I just take the same rims (8 x 18) with the 45 offset? Since I don't really know if this will make big difference on wearing out bearings, tires, etc....I am hoping that some knowledgeable people here can help me out with what I should do. The winter tires/rims will be on the car for about 3-4 months out of the year. Thanks in advance for all help!

2. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASUBARU liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 Subaru WRX Premium......New AFTERMARKET wheel questions?

Let's ask @Fitment Inc.

*Get exclusive benefits by signing up as Lifetime Platinum Member today*
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Thanks Kevin H. thanked for this post
    Likes Kevin H. liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

They may be 55mm offset on the rims. I'm finding conflicting information....... Message sent to FITMENT to see what they know about it.

6. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASUBARU liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My only concern would be clearance from the brakes. I see a few people are running 18x8 +42 so you will be fine with the size you ordered! Snow will only be here in 2-3 months so I would say wait out that backorder for the +40.

8. Thanks Kevin H., IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
    Likes Kevin H., IGOTASUBARU liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fitment Inc. View Post
    My only concern would be clearance from the brakes. I see a few people are running 18x8 +42 so you will be fine with the size you ordered! Snow will only be here in 2-3 months so I would say wait out that backorder for the +40.
    Thanks guys for the help!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

10. Thanks Fitment Inc. thanked for this post
    Likes Fitment Inc., Kevin H. liked this post