Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: TurboXS Stealthback exhaust (4" DP, Catless)

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

TurboXS Stealthback exhaust (4" DP, Catless)

I recently had the TurboXS Catless Stealthback Exhaust with the 4 inch downpipe exhaust installed on my 2004 WRX. Over all I would say that it is a well crafted, quality product. Good welds, nice finish, and fitment was seemingly perfect. Other than the turbo to downpipe gasket all the necessary hardware was included. Along with the exhaust I had a Grimmspeed Up Pipe installed as well, and finished off with a Cobb Accessport to handle the tuning aspect. Performance wise, there is a major difference, the car has been woken up substantially. Turbo spools much faster and pulls alot harder, although top end power nearing redline still leaves something to be desired, mid-range power has increased ridiculously. There is also a substantial audible difference when it comes to the turbo, unlike the exhaust note and noise level itself from inside the cabin (this is a "stealthback" exhaust afterall..).. However, from an outsiders perspective, that gorgeous low growl of a Boxer rumble we all desire to unleash has clearly been let out of the box (no pun intended??). With the stock axle back, it is a bit raspy at certain RPM's/loads, but nothing too harsh. In my opinion, the turbo whistle more than makes up for it. I would definatly reccomend this exhaust to anyone that is looking to unleash some power with out attracting any unwanted attention with an obnoxiously loud fart can of an exhaust.

I hope that my review has helped, here is a demonstrational video to further my explination.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sleeper!!!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Sounds GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Looks like you need a coat

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CRZTRBO View Post
    Sounds GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
    Thanks JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by wiechWRX View Post
    Looks like you need a coat
    Haha I had one with me, but it actually was not that cold out. We aren't having much of a winter, but that's no surprise. It was +8 and raining today =(, thank goodness the snowy mountains aren't even an hour away

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have this exhaust on my Forester XT paired with the STI axle back. Sounds good. I plan to finish it off with the turbo xs axle back!