Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dashboard Electrical Gremlins

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Dashboard Electrical Gremlins

Greetings all, my wife's 07 Tribeca I believe is suffering from a cold solder joint issue. When the Tribeca starts up in cold weather everything is A-OK. Once the engine warms up the following occurs-

Traction Control (Yellow) Light on the dash illuminates and remains lit-

Check Engine (Yellow)Light illuminates and remains lit-

Cruise Control (Green) light flashes and does not work -

During this episode I can't pull the OBDII Codes. Seems like there's no power at the port.

This occurrence is intermittent i.e., the car can be used all day without incident. Some days, not to lucky. On a non incident day I connect the OBDII computer and after sampling the data, zero codes are logged.

I'm wondering if the root cause is a cold solder joint thus between the expansion/contraction cycle something's amuck.

Any other theories ?

Thanks,

07 Tribeca
    98 Avant
    12 Passat TDI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASUBARU liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dashboard Electrical Gremlins

Did you take it to a dealer yet?

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASUBARU View Post
    Did you take it to a dealer yet?

Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!
    Negative. My mechanic will pre-diagnose Monday. He'll advise with the Dealer part of the solution if needed.

Thanks,

DR - New England

5. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TerrapinStation View Post
    Negative. My mechanic will pre-diagnose Monday. He'll advise with the Dealer part of the solution if needed.

Thanks,

DR - New England

P0026 & 28 Codes were pulled. Both front and rear bank solenoids were shot. Subaru is dropping both replacements off at Mechanic's today. Mechanic pulled one out and sprayed contact cleaner in and around one of them to see if the cleaning of the contacts would correct the issue. It didn't!

7. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Glad the issue was found. 😃

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

9. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

P0026 & 28 Codes were pulled. Both front and rear bank solenoids were shot. Subaru is dropping both replacements off at Mechanic's today. Mechanic pulled one out and sprayed contact cleaner in and around one of them to see if the cleaning of the contacts would correct the issue. It didn't!

Well, I've bitten off any nails left on my hands. My mechanic replaced two solenoids, P0026 cleared but 28 hadn't thus the engine is still not running good. Looks like there are a total of five of these solenoids integrated around. Tomorrow's another day in paradise! Meanwhile, my wife's strutting her stuff around and for work in my B7 TDI. She's not complaining one bit. I'm yelling foul!

10. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Oh man! That sucks. 😢

12. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well, I've bitten off any nails left on my hands. My mechanic replaced two solenoids, P0026 cleared but 28 hadn't thus the engine is still not running good. Looks like there are a total of five of these solenoids integrated around. Tomorrow's another day in paradise! Meanwhile, my wife's strutting her stuff around and for work in my B7 TDI. She's not complaining one bit. I'm yelling foul!

Finally fixed! After replacing the two solenoids and having the 28 code remain my mechanic and I discussed what was left to try. He suggested a can of engine cleaner in the oil; change the oil/filter and see what happens. Voila', it worked! All codes were cleared as well as all dash lights. The oil change with engine cleaner use worked.

13. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Dang! Never heard of that before.

Congrats! 😆

15. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It sounds like a oil/oil change problem.In the future try changing your oil more often, and use high quality oil. I have seen this a lot in other car lines.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

16. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast