Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Intake

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Intake

So I couldn't find a post on this under the impreza forums and well I feel as its a noob question so I'll post it here.

So I own a impreza 2.5i prem and with every vehicle iv owned before an after market intake was first on my list so I picked up a basic after market intake cone filter and tubing.

After removing the air box and tubing install sensor into new piping and adding the cone filter I started the car and had a very hard idle and kicked check engine light so a little looking around I found the you need a tuner to do any mods to the car.

So my question is, is this true I must have a tuner.
    If so what would work for my car due to understanding and i may be wrong but Cobb access ports don't work with non turbo models.
    And if not what could I be doing wrong or is there something else I need to adjust when I installed it

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASUBARU liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Intake

You would definitely need a tune to run an aftermarket intake friend. Subaru's are very picky when it comes to changing that.

@HolyCrapItsFast is a great tuner in the Subaru community and could maybe help you.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Likes Matt.M liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Intake

Figured I would need one is there any tuner I could get that works on the 2.5i non turbo tho that would take care of the issue sense Cobb's don't work on it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk