Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replying leaves messages unread..?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Replying leaves messages unread..?

Not a problem, really. More of a annoying "bug." I haven't diced this up fully yet, so I'm not sure if it only pertains certain types of threads (IE: subscribed, todays, etc...) Anyhow, I've noticed that after replying to a thread and returning to my list of subscribed threads or todays posts, the thread I'd just replied to is still marked as unread. It does, however, have me listed as the most recent poster. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I haven't seen this issue, but will look out for it.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hrm. I just click on the thread again to view it and it marks it as read. *shrugs*

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

No clue. Could just be a bug. We will watch it.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Okay. I've figured this out. What happens is... If you move too fast to the next link after you've posted, the site doesn't recognize the fact that you've visited the latest post. IE: If I post a reply, and before the page can reload the current replied page WITH the reply, I migrate to another request via any link (Quick Links...) it doesn't register the fact that I've seen the most recent post on that thread. Does that make sense?

In other words, I have to reply and wait for a bit before I can leave the replied to thread in order for it to be marked as "read."

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I made a few changes. Try it now.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I noticed the changes. I'll let you know if it makes a difference. Thanks!

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

How has it been so far for you?

I don't experience this myself.....

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Still does it. I just ended up clicking on the thread number after I post and it marks it as read. I'm wondering if this might somehow be browser specific? @Twiz What browser are you using?

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Actually, I just noticed this...

It shows my posts as unread immediatly after I post them???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast