Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replying leaves messages unread..?

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm having technical difficulties with my net connection so it wont be until later tonight or tomorrow before I can do this.

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've looked into this some, and I'm finding info suggesting time stamps are the culprit...but that isn't the case for me at least. My time zone settings are correct on both the forum and my computer.

I would go ahead and contact vB.

To sum it up :

When a user visits a thread with new posts and posts a reply while in that thread....afterwards the thread is still marked as unread. This is happening on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefix, Skyfire (mobile browser), and Tapatalk for me. It appears that the message that you post is the "unread post" and to get vb to mark the thread as read via automation, you have to visit the thread again and read the post that you just posted.

Seems to only be happening to a post that you make.
    Last edited by John; 01-10-2012 at 11:13 PM.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Will do.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Tech question sent.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Seems to only be happening to a post that you make.
    Do mean to say that this only seems to be happening to threads that JJ makes? Or posts that one own's self makes?

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Should be fixed now. Please try it.

7. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Trying now

8. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Another test

9. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nope. Still busted.

10. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Actually, it could be working normally now. I'll keep testing one subscribed threads and let you know what I find.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast