Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Where should I run the wires for my gauges and a good location for power????

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Where should I run the wires for my gauges and a good location for power????

Hey everyone just curious but where is some good locations for running wires for gauges and good access points to get from the interior of the car to the engine bay? I have ran stuff through the outside and came in down by the foot pedals before but didn't know if there was any other points because i have read stuff about a point under the intercooler. Also where has everyone or what route should i go for supplying the proper power for the gauges? Tap some wires? Install a new fuse?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

This what I have and what I'm working with

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

As far as power supply. Install an Add-a-Fuse in the fuse block. We sell them at Advance. It plugs into the fuse location ( I recommend 12v outlet fuse) allows you to put the original fuse back in plus an extra fuse and a small lead for connecting the power wire for the second circuit.
    http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/b...earchTerm=fuse

For running from engine bay to passenger compartment it is best to use preexisting holes. usually there are grommets in the firewall. there may be some rubber plugs in unused holes that you could punch a small hole in around the pitch stop mount that might be ideal.

4. Likes etownshooter2005 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Alright def going to check into it more and research it out really wish these cold temps would go away so i can research in and out of the car

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yeah, I am so sick of the cold and snow. You know it is bad when a Subaru owner is sick of winter.