Well I added half a quart but I'm not honestly sure I needed to since it would seem the readings I'm getting are perhaps not accurate...I get super paranoid since I seized up the engine on my old truck a few years ago.

They switched to the 5-30 when the oil was changed a week ago because it's cold now (though I'm wondering with all the miles on my car + the leak if thinner is really better? the leak is getting fixed this week hopefully so maybe this will all be a moot point...I'm really curious though). It ran 10-30 all summer and I'll be honest, I only started checking regularly when I started smelling oil burning in the exhaust a few months ago. Once the air temperatures started getting really cold (like temps where I thought it necessary to sit and let the car warm up before driving-teens, 20s, low 30s) is when the dipstick readings started getting really low when the car was completely cold.

I will dig up the paperwork and let you guys know what that says regarding the leak. I have not noticed any oil on the ground but I'll check today just to be sure.