Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 97 Subaru Legacy flexplate/torque converter

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

97 Subaru Legacy flexplate/torque converter

I am looking for any help re-installing my transmission. I have the bolts & a new flexplate but I am unsure how they go in bc all the bolts were gone upon dis-assembly. It looks as though they go in from the back of the converter towards the flexplate however the bolts do not screw into the flexplate so I am unsure how this works. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have been a Subaru owner for two years & this is the first major repair I have undertaken. I would rather work on this car than ever drive another. Love the car. Thank you

2. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I am not sure on the Subaru but every other vehicle I have worked on the bolt heads got word the motor and thread in to the torque converter some vehicles have a access panel to bolt the two together and others u have to remove the starter to get to the bolt holes

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

There should be an opening at the bottom of the bell housing to acces the bolts. The heads of the bolts should be toward the motor and thread into the converter.

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ah! This might help. I think I got it. I will have to go home & look as I am at the library. If this is the case, thank you so much. I cannot believe I missed something so simple. I thought I had to put the damn things on through the starter hole!