Travis Pastrana will enter double-header Global Rallycross Los Angeles, Sept 19-21
David Higgins will enter Global Rallycross Seattle, Sept 26-27
Cherry Hill, N.J. - Subaru Rally Team USA and Vermont SportsCar have confirmed today they will enter a third team car in the next three rounds of the Red Bull Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) for Travis Pastrana and David Higgins. Pastrana and Higgins have spent this season competing in stage rally in the Rally America Championship, while Subaru drivers Bucky Lasek and Sverre Isachsen compete in GRC. Pastrana will drive the #199 Red Bull Subaru WRX STI at the double-header Los Angeles GRC event September 19-21 at the Port of Los Angeles. David Higgins will drive the #715 DirtFish Rally School Subaru WRX STI at the GRC’s Seattle round the following weekend, September 26-27 held at the Dirtfish Rally School facility.
“This is something I have been waiting to do for such a long time,” explained Higgins. “I’m very grateful to Dirtfish Rally School for the support to make this happen for me. I have four years of frustration to get out of the system after doing many miles testing these amazing cars and helping out on events with the team. I now can finally show up with my helmet and race!”
Higgins has dominated the 2014 Rally America Championship this year, where he has won six of seven events and mathematically secured his fourth consecutive Rally America driver’s championship with one round remaining. Between rallying Higgins has played an important role as test driver for the team’s GRC cars while also attending GRC events as a Spotter for the team drivers. Higgins has made four appearances at Red Bull GRC-sanctioned events, including X Games appearances in 2011 and 2012. In his series debut in 2011 he earned a second place finish and then subsequently earned a bronze medal in head-to-head competition at X Games in 2011.
For Travis Pastrana, Los Angeles will be the second appearance in a GRC car for Subaru Rally Team USA this season after competing in the same car at the GRC round at X Games Austin earlier this year.
“I’ve focused on rally with Subaru this year but had a blast driving the team’s GRC car in Austin and I jumped at the chance to come back and do it again in Los Angeles,” explained Pastrana. “The racing in GRC is intense and the Subaru team is really strong right now so I’m really looking forward to it!”
Red Bull Global Rallycross Los Angeles will be run as a double-header, representing rounds seven and eight of the 2014 GRC season. The Los Angeles rounds will air Live on NBC Saturday, September 20 at 5PM ET and Sunday September 21 at 5PM ET. For tickets visit http://rbgrcla.com.
Red Bull Global Rallycross Seattle will serve as the ninth and penultimate round of the 2014 Red Bull GRC season and will air on NBC Sunday September 28 at 4:30PM ET. For tickets to Red Bull Global Rallycross Seattle, visit http://www.redbullglobalrallycross.com/SEA.
To download the new Subaru Motorsports app from the iTunes App store, click here, for Android App on Google Play store, click here.
About Subaru Rally Team USA
Subaru Rally Team USA is managed by Vermont SportsCar and proudly supported by Subaru of America, Inc., Subaru Tecnica International (STI), Method Race Wheels, Royal Purple, eBay Motors, DMACK Tires, RECARO, PIAA and Race Proven. Follow the team on twitter: @srtusa, Instagram: @srtusa and online atwww.subaru.com/rally.
About Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered at a zero-landfill office in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 600 retailers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information visit media.subaru.com.
Additional information and news from Subaru is available at http://www.media.subaru.com.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624714.536122.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	1176

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624727.801232.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	1177

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410624744.652388.jpg