Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: For sale in the specific forum

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

For sale in the specific forum

Not really an issue now with only (as of right now...) 102 members but if this board gets big enough this might be something to look at doing.

In the individual forums like for Subaru Foresters we should have a "for sale" section in case I dont want to look through or search.

Thoughts? I know its easy to have a section of cars for sale like ****** does, but it takes 4 or 5 pages just to get to the previous day. And if I want a 99 forester S it would be nice to go to THAT section and browse.

Just an idea!

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I dunno, I think it just becomes a hassle. I'm personally looking for a subaru right now to replace my SVX. doesn't need to be model specific, and i'd want them all to be in one spot, all in order of last update. If they were all in different sections, it would seem to be harder to search for someone like me.

You, on the other hand, could just search in the search bar for that specific model. IMO

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I completely agree with you.

JJ and I talked about this a week or so ago. For now, its going to stay as it is. Like you said, its not really an issue at the moment. When things get bigger, we are going to revisit the classifieds layout and change it accordingly.

One of my biggest things about this site (and JJ as well) is that its laid out in a way where things are easy to find. For now vehicle sales isn't an issue (there is only one car for sale anyways lol)...but later on when we see it becoming an issue, we will make some changes.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sounds good, I kinda figured but hey its worth a shot!

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It does sound good...thats why I said I agree with you lol.

Scott, I understand what you're saying...look at it from the perspective of whats best for the majority of people. Most people when shopping for a car (or at least the kind of people who will be on these forums) know just what they want when they are shopping for a car. If I'm trying to find a Legacy, I don't want to have to filter through 10 pages of WRXs just to find one Legacy GT...and I would imagine that most others are in teh same boat as JAC and I.

Please people, give your opinions on this.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oh! I thought you said you agreed with Scotty lol!

I usually DO use the search feature, however not everyone who lists thier car for sale spells everything the correct way or something to that effect. Kind of like Craigslist, easy to find stuff when you search but how many things do you see that DONT turn up in your search cause someone accidently spelled Forester as "Forestar"

I know its probably a logistical nightmare... BUT, if there was ANY way we could have someone post thier cars for sale in the correct venue (forester in the forester section) and then have the single thread in the classifieds section that somehow combined all of those threads. For instance if i had a legacy gt for sale, John you have an old RS, and Scotty you are selling a WRX they would all be put in those appropriate sections but they would be carbon copied into the "all cars for sale" thread.

Does that make ANY sense? Ive been up since 3 am so I wouldnt be surprised if I make NO sense at all haha

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It makes perfect sense....and you get the best of both worlds that way.

I don't know if that can be done with VB or not, but I will certainly look into it.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hey John, how about we change a rule in the for sale forum to show the two letter state that the car is located in. Like ****** requires, so its easier browsing in case someone on one coast can overlook an east coast car.