Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3D Printing Company start up

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

3D Printing Company start up

This is partially Subaru related because I want to do this for Subaru enthusiasts. I am looking at starting a 3D Printing company. Before i buy the printer and get started i wanted to see what the general public wants. I want to be able to cater to my vehicle enthusiast friends and people modifying their vehicles. The printer I'm getting can only print in a footprint that is about 11" x 10" x 6" so all products have to stay within that. Literally anything is possible. I can print in multiple plastics, rubber, wood, and stone. So far my ideas have consisted of custom emblems, shift knobs, phone cases, and other such products. I really just want to find out what people would be interested in and what a fair price would be for these products.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It doesn't have to stop at car parts but can be anything like even car coasters for the ultimate garage/bar. I can put custom logos or initials on stuff. It doesn't necessarily have to go into vehicles.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That would be sweet. Have you thought about key chains?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Like the STi logo or mini emblem key chains. I used to take the small emblem out of stock steering wheels and make them into keychains

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Keychains are very much a possibility. That is actually something I've considered.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Awesome sauce

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'd like to get started with small things like key chains that i can sell quickly and easily. Then i want to make custom things for people if they want. it may cost a little more but i can do that for them.