Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1990 Legacy hood/headlight/grill swap from 1993 Legacy Touring wagon.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

1990 Legacy hood/headlight/grill swap from 1993 Legacy Touring wagon.

hi, my name is Forrest and no i don't own a forester. im buying a doner car tomorrow that can only be in my garage for a week tops. it is a 1993 touring wagon and the engine (ej22t) is out of the car and completely rebuilt due to a knock after having a diesel mechanic change the timing belt at 108,000 miles. the guy im buying it from tells me it will tick for about 200 miles after being started. this obviously makes me nervous. is this normal? and is it a good idea? im getting the car and rebuilt engine with everything for it for 800 and i plan on stripping the car of what i want for my 1990 legacy and sending it to pick n pull for the community. i dont want to put the engine in my particular legacy as it is FWD but i do want to take the hood with the hood scoop and maybe the headlights to make it fit. but would i have to take the corner lights too? and that would include fenders. if i could get away with just grill, headlights and hood then it would save me alot of trouble. also i like the older corner lights better. THAT IS MY MAIN QUESTION what will i need to swap all together to acheive the hood from the 1993 on the 1990. Thank You!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

The hood will bolt in fine but like you stated you will need the grille and headlights. I don't believe you HAVE to change the corner markers but the headlights, I believe, are a little shorter. Therefore you lights won't line up.