Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Forrest from Portland Or

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Forrest from Portland Or

Hey guys! im 19, a mechanic of sorts, and i drive a 1990 subaru legacy! its currently fwd but i can assure you the car is light as hell at that. besides its just waiting for a total impreza/wrx swap. it currently has an ej22 naturally aspirated with a 5 speed(of course). most everything is stock at the moment but replacements and modifications include: "power torque" clutch kit and flywheel, k&n stock air filter replacement for high flow and keeping cold air, hollowed out cat #1(on this model the 1st cat has 2 inlets and 1 outlet as opposed to the exhaust manifold coming together first), hidden glass pack underneath and 2 inch pipe out the back, the interior is blue and all from a 91 in the junk yard as well as the front fenders, bumper, trunk, and gas door(all of which are red) and the remaining panels are the Subaru grey. the grill is cut out with rectangle fog lights in each side so its 4 headlights all the way across with a red safety switch on the dash. 18 inch MSR wheels off an 08 impreza( these wheels did not fit in the back causing me to cut the rear fenders a bit and put lift kits on the stock rear springs, yet another reason i need to swap suspension parts and i need alot of help with advice on modifying suspension to achieve different things, i need my rear tires a little more in to not hit the fenders i need to eliminate alot of body roll, the lift kits probably aren't helping for that haha) and various other stock replacements like tie rods and rotors. i think that most impreza parts pre-2000 should bolt up but i have questions like do i have to do the awd swap to mess with rear suspension parts on my fwd legacy? ideally id like to swap impreza suspension parts and worry about awd later once i have a doner car. oh btw im part of the 200,000 mile club :D
    Last edited by YEAR1; 06-21-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: forgot something

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard. Love the first gen legacies. I've had two. Both hit 260k before the bodies fell apart. Glad you came aboard

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Welcome to the group!!