Recently my friends 2013 wrx sedan started spewing oil into the intake, intercooler & piping. Have not been able to do a compression test on it to be 100%, but all signs point to ringland failure, not a blown turbo. We've have gotten quotes from several places and they are all around 6-7k to go in and test it, clean everything up and repair it. To save some time and put the money to better use. We are thinking about getting a Cosworth engine. I have been working on cars for quite a while, especially Subaru's recently. I think I could do the swap myself, I've pulled engines out before and swapped them (Non-Subaru). The big question, is this something I should stay away from? I've done all the work to his car so far, and this is knowledge I would love to have. Pulling the engine shouldn't be a problem. I have all the tools I could possibly see needing, most notable being a torque wrench and engine lift/stand. Besides me second guessing my abilities. I just need to figure out everything to buy. Here's what I got so far.. Cosworth Short block, engine overhaul gasket kit, new head studs, timing belt kit, and fluids. I probably missed something important... Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.