Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine aquisition

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Engine aquisition

Hey guys so I am picking up a 99 forester real soon. The issue is I diagnosed it for a buddy that it has a spun bearing. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get an inexpensive replacement motor?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Have you considered rebuilding the one that is in it?

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have. That would probably be easier I just worry about what kind of damage the spun bearing did.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

spun bearing depending how bad probably only scored up the rod and crank a little bit.. A reputatable machine shop can easily grind, balance and polish the crank for a low amount and get you the proper sizes so you know what bearings you need to fit a new set of rods. Boom ready to go back together. Youngstown is not that far pull that bad boy out and bring it here I will get you hooked up

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Awesome. That will be my first course of action! As soon as I pick it up and get it out. I'll come see you lol

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Sounds good, keep us posted and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or needs!

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

absolutely

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftHappensLTi View Post
    Hey guys so I am picking up a 99 forester real soon. The issue is I diagnosed it for a buddy that it has a spun bearing. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get an inexpensive replacement motor?
    If you are still looking... I got mine for my wrx from pmp autogroup here in pa. Used but pressure tested and 30 day waranty...

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks brian