Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thoughts on the Nissan IDX Concept? Competitor for BRZ?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Thoughts on the Nissan IDX Concept? Competitor for BRZ?

So some of you may know that not only a subaru fan I am a huge Nissan fan clear back to the early Datsun Days in fact I would love a 510 to do up right. Yea you can probably guess the original engine would not stay, probably go with an RB or something but then I seen the concept for the IDX which is based on the 510. Yes the new retro style has taken some elements too far but others are just right. If they produce this they are looking to go after the arm at which the BRZ / FR-S was released on and provide it with a booster shot. So what do you guys think of this? They a contender? would you like to see something more than a company like Mitsu or now even Dodge/Fiat competing with subaru (WRX / STI). My opinion is it will be nice to see a new competition for subaru and I really don't think either car would be a fail because both usually bring a good card to the table.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I'm not a huge fan of the IDX. The need to make it shorter. It's too tall. Looks top heavy. Performance wise I'm not real familiar with it. Without proper facts I cannot postulate an opinion

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

These do look like they may sit a little high but those were the concepts plus that what performance parts are for lowering kits and suspension parts from guys like me for cars like that is what keeps people like me in business. They do have to much vague information but I would love to see a new batter IDX vs. BRZ / FR-S make for new discussions..

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I agree. We need moar infoah