Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rattle under acceleration?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Rattle under acceleration?

Hey guys, I'm having a potential problem that I can't figure out. I cannot find anything loose or detached under the hood. Whenever I accelerate, I hear a rattling sound around 2-3,000 RPM. As soon as you release the throttle its fine. Also it only happens while driving, so reving in neutral does not produce the rattle. HELP! The car drives fine and no performance issues are felt when driving. It's just kinda annoying. Thanks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Could it be the heat shield?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Rattle under acceleration?

That would be the easiest thing. Describe the rattle a little. Is it a metallic rattle? What part of the car does it sound like it's coming from? #detailsplease

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's not the turbo heat shield as I have taken it out and it still rattles. It sounds like it's coming from right behind the main gauge cluster. If you took a penny and put it in a can and shook it, is about what the sound sounds like to me.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

All of your lights work and even brightness on your guage cluster? Do any work on it recently?

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I finally figured it out! I recently installed a boost gauge and it was the needle in the gauge rattling. HAHA! Thanks for your solutions and information! I'll be sure to never buy another Autometer gauge as this is the 2nd one from them that has been sub par. Thanks again!

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yea auto meter gauges are not a good brand. I would go with Defi lol

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Good to hear you figured this out, sorry we were not able to chime in on this sooner to assist with the issue we were away for the weekend. If there is anything we can do to help you out let us know.