Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: clunking sound from back

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Red face clunking sound from back

hye guys, i hv 2 questions, i just bought my car for about 1 year now, 2003 wrx sti version 8 jdm...

1)my car make a clunking sound, it gets worse when driving on normal road.. i thought it was caused by my stock suspension, even when i changed to after market coilover it still the same.. anyone have experienced this problem..why n how to solve..

2)i hv hks evc6 installed, after a while(now), when hitting boost 1.0++ bar, it wouldnt go, like my turbo wont functioning, it makes sound like "brrrrrrrr".. now my top speed only 220-230km/h and took a very long time...0-180kmh is ok, but top speed, even old guy driving an old merc can just leave me behind.. so embarrassing.. when to take over a car i hv to change gear, like no torque... why n how to solve..

thanks guys

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I am going to try to answer this as best as possible with what I think you are trying to ask, very difficult to read...

1. Has the clunk stayed the same or got worse since you installed the coilovers? I would first look at common things exhaust movement causing it too hit off something, split bushings of what you can see. These cars are known for drivetrain clunk under hard acceleration and gear changes but normal driving you shouldnt hear it but if you do I would say this could be a result of a ripped bushing somewhere and would start with a differential bushing kit. Very cheap upgrade when going with someone like Perrin or Whiteline and something that is not difficult to do.

2. Since installing the HKS this start? If so I would make sure it is properly installed but to me what you are telling me, almost sounds like a boost leak somewhere.

If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to let us know.