Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The "Mailbox": '00 2.5 RS Coupe

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The "Mailbox": '00 2.5 RS Coupe

This is my 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe. I picked this up locally with the idea of just having something to work on. I've always loved this bodystyle, so having the opportunity to give a neglected rust-bucket a second chance is quite a lot of fun for me. It was purchased in September of 2013 with 154k miles on it. Suspension was shot. Rust, dings, and missing paint on just about every panel. Even the windshield wouldn't seal because of rust. Interior was in rough shape. It even had winter tires on steel wheels on the front (rusted to the hubs) and stock alloys with mismatched all-season tires on the back. Long story short, this car needed help. I was just the one crazy enough to give it a shot!

Version 6 Grille, JDM Headlights / Corner Lights, Fixed Fog Lights, New hood, New Windshield

Stock Alloys/Matching Tires, Started repairing body/addressing rust issues, Debadged "Subaru", STi Exhaust

JDM STi Version 2 Seats (Front & Rear), STi Duracon Shift Knob, Gorilla Top-Mount Cold Air Intake, KYB Suspension, JDM Aluminium Control Arms, Multiple mechanical repairs to powertrain

It just made it through it's first Rallycross event (and my first Rallycross, too) and it was an absolute blast to drive! You can see details on my blog of what I've done with the car so far.
    RS Revival

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

STi seats look good in there.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Looks great!

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks! They feel great too! They fit really snug and hold you almost like a race seat would. I like how they look, but I love how they hold me in the turns.

I suppose I forgot to mention why this fella is called the "Mailbox". This RS recently earned that nickname at it's first Rallycross event. Instead of getting some cool custom vinyl lettering for the numbers on the door... or instead of the "Painters Tape" method, I went to Lowes and picked up some lettering for a mailbox to put on it. It looked kinda lame, but I thought it looked better than tape on the doors. Through the course of the day, the RS quickly became known as the "Mailbox" as a result of this.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Awesome. That is great.