Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: What can i do to get performance out of my 08 Impreza rs 2.0l

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What can i do to get performance out of my 08 Impreza rs 2.0l

Hey guys, Just recently signed upto here just wondering what was the best things i could do for performance as i am a P plater i know i cant get a turbo, well im looking into it, But im looking for other ways to add performance , Thanks guys !

2. Likes ethangreen9 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Good question.

Let's see what some others say.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

For starters, you can first make sure all routine maintenance is in order( oil change, fuel filter, spark plugs, coolant, brakes) My experience is to change the oil to Castrol Edge or any high performance oil that suits your liking. Next I aim at bushings because a car that is a decade old will more than likely have worn bushings. Try replacing the outrigger differential, transmission crossmember, shifter, and end links bushings. Modding a subaru isn't always about power but sometimes better vehicle feedback to the driver can inspire confidence in driving.

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Far as power adders go for this car you would be able to start with your common exhaust and intake adds. This will allow the engine to breath better while improving sound. Also may see slight gain by adding light weight pulley as well as add some eye appeal under the hood. Next as said above sometimes it isn't power adders that make the car feel faster it is how it is dialed in. When you improve the bushings and suspension components like touched on in the response above the car provides the driver with positive feedback which in turn helps the driver respond better to conditions and makes the car drive and feel better. There are several upgradable weak points in the subaru set-up as mentioned above bushings are one of them but the great part is there are plenty of brands and upgrades for these that are low cost so they do not hurt the budget too bad and they have a huge return by how much the improve the car. Let us know if you have any other questions on this and we will do our best to go into more detail on specific areas you are looking at.

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: What can i do to get performance out of my 08 Impreza rs 2.0l

You might want to add lowering springs or coils and sway bars to help corner faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks IGOTASUBARU thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASUBARU liked this post