Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modifying N/A Legacy's

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Modifying N/A Legacy's

Hey Guys/Gals!

I've got a 2002 Legacy and I'm looking to do some light performance mods to it. (Intake, Exhaust, Lightened Pulleys, etc.) I've read quite a bit about using parts from an Impreza with the same engine and was wondering if any of you have had success with this or any other methods of modifying them. Any help or links to other threads are greatly appreciated!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Great question. I'm sure we will be able to help you out.

Start with exhaust.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thats kind of what I've been leaning towards. So far the only part designed for my car that I've been able to find was an axle back from Stromung. Does anyone know of other parts designed for it or should I just go the custom route? If so what would the average cost of a custom cat back be?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

How much is that exhaust?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Its $439. For an just an axle back that seems high to me. Heres the link to it if you're curious (http://www.stromungexhaust.com/98-99...r-muffler.html)

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

That's crazy.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Way too pricy for an axleback, let me see what I can scrounge up.
    Every thug needs a lady.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

One option Im starting to look at is getting an exhaust for in Impreza RS then just having a shop lengthen it and make sure the hangers are in the correct places.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

That would work.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yeahhhhh that axle-back isn't worth anything... I would pass. Purchase what muffler you like the most and have an exhaust shop weld up a cat-back system for you. I wouldn't use piping any larger than 2.5" though. To finish off the exhaust, add a UEL header.

You can also install a CAI, lightweight pulley, and Delta cam regrinds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast