Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2013 WRX turbo retrofitted to 2007 WRX?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2013 WRX turbo retrofitted to 2007 WRX?

My friend is doing a turbo swap on his 2013 wrx. Shooting for 375hp tuned in Ohio at Pure Tuning. He offered to give me his stock turbo and anything we pull off his car to do the swap. With my car hitting 110k just yesterday I would love to get a free turbo from him with only 20k. Does anyone know what would be required to retro fit it? The only problem I am aware of concerns the up-pipe flange. Being different from 07' and 13'. Assuming the up-pipe and downpipe from his turbo could be used (maybe a custom up-pipe with the correct flange)... would you think I would need to get a custom tune? I'm not really sure if there's a significant difference in the two turbos

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

You would 100% need a custom tune for that turbo, and maybe more.

We can do some research and see what we find out for you.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yea I figured custom tune, custom piping. Thanks for the input. May get into this, or just sell it for a vf39 or something lol.