Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY Modifications, Post pics, Tutorials, Ideas, Etc.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

DIY Modifications, Post pics, Tutorials, Ideas, Etc.

This is a Do It Yourself Thread Being that I'm a college student DIY stuff seems to be the best option for creating something unique and not breaking the bank. Here's my 07 WRX wagon and all of my Exterior Modifications from start to finish. This is the first day I got her This is the most recent pic taken in the same location

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

DIY Strakes, Made from Garage door weather seal, held in by normal short body clips

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Painted Headlights, a somewhat discouraging mod, but very easy to do. Simply remove the headlight assembly from the vehicle, take a medium Phillips head screw driver, remove the screws all the way around the assembly. Pre-heat your kitchen oven to 200-220 degrees, I recommend baking one headlight at a time, bake them for approximately 10 minutes, until they are fairly hot to the touch. use a soft plastic wedge or medium flat blade screw driver to carefuly pry the tabs apart from the back and front of the headlight. Work your way around the headlight with your wedge to help remove the glue from the headlight. With patience and much care, the headlight will come apart with out much issue.

Headlight assembly after baking, and pulled apart

Back of headlight after baking, set aside for now.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Next take the front of the headlight assembly and unscrew the Phillips screw from the clear portion, this will be another step to be careful with, breaking any of the plastics that get screwed back together could result in poor fitment. Sand down as much of the chrome as you can, I went all the way down to the plastic in most areas, some areas where there are deep ridges should not be ignored but are also okay to give up on after a while lol

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Once everything is painted and your ready to re-asemble, put together the front half of the headlight screws and all, then try to re-attach this portion to the read half of the headlight. Bake for another 10 minutes at the same temperature, and slowly work the headlight back together, I used two large racheting clamps with rubber heads to help hold each side together. MAke sure if you think that the glue originally holding the light together wont be enough, add some black silicone gasket to the ridge just before putting them back together. My headlights didn't require any more glue than what was originally there. So if you are careful and reheat the glue for the right time you should end up with the same result. Here's my final result

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

This is a brilliant thread. Can't wait to see more.
    Every thug needs a lady.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

This is becoming a stickie.

Great job!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

DIY strut tower bar, well "Sub-Stay-Bar", I took out my back seats and needed something to hold my subwhoofers and big box in the back

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's a lightweight Scandium alloy lacrosse stick LOL but hey it works well and it looks pretty darn cool

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So I've got pretty good at pulling 06+ Impreza headlights apart for painting, angel eyes, led's. I'd like to thank my friend for trusting me with this project. They turned out to be a complete success

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast