Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Three lovely ladies

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Three lovely ladies

My first recollection of a Subaru was a GL sedan, early '80's, that this lady had across the street. It was a dark brownish color with a 5 speed manual transmission. I remember telling my mom that I liked the car and her telling me that Japanese cars were junk and costly to repair. My mom never really gave good advice, still doesn't. My curiosity with Subaru began before I was able to drive. When I was old enough to drive, I wanted a BRAT, really badly. I had to settle for, first a 1976 Dodge Charger (yeah, not the cool one, look it up) and then a 1980 Chevy Citation, which was purchased as a rolling total. My dad repaired it but it was never quite right but did get me to college everyday, mostly. Uuugh. It was bad. When I was a little older, I got my first Subaru, an 84 GL hatchback. Orange. But, this is where my BRAT infatuation was born. I never owned one until three years ago (I did buy a new Baja in 2005). Anyway, here is the current corral of BRAT's, 2 1986's and a beautifully restored 1979. I have them stored all over the place and they are rarely in one location. This was one of those rare times.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Wow I'm so jealous. Awesome my friend.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.