Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New WRX Concept!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question New WRX Concept!

Well what does everyone think so far about the new WRX?

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

It's quite a departure from the classic lines. That said, I don't hate it. Everyone seems to hate every facelift/update that happens to the imprezas at first but the vitriol dies down.
    Every thug needs a lady.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

To be honest I like change. Look what everyone called the bugeye, lol.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Love the wheels though, can I get a set please?
    Every thug needs a lady.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DownforceTom View Post
    Love the wheels though, can I get a set please?
    LOL.

Did you see the video I posted!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

No I didn't.
    Every thug needs a lady.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I think overall it's a good looking car. What bugs me though is the way they went with the trend of trying to make a sedan look like a coupe. It looks good, but you lose rear headroom, rear seat access, and visibility. You lose some practicality of a sedan, and only gain a coupe-LIKE appearance.

One of the main reasons I love the WRX is that its great at so many things. It can be a work commuter, family hauler, take on some larger cargo in hatch form, and be lots of fun at the same time. With the compromises made in this new design, some of that practicality charm is lost.

Personally I'd prefer to see them make both a coupe and a sedan, along with a 5-door. Go ahead and get all freaky with the 2 door, and leave the more practical design language for the sedan and hatch.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I like the design I am dying to see a wagon or hatch version.

With all concepts I am sure it won't have those headlights or tail lights. Might have the shape thou.

The wheels I think are 20s won't have those either they will be 17-18s on the production car. We all know those little mirrors will change for sure. If they keep the neon green touches that would be awesome.
    It will be a first if Subaru keeps the shape usually the WRX is close to the Impreza design with wider fenders.
    I am so glad Subaru is keeping the hood scoop I wasn't sure if they were since the 2014 Forester XT doesn't have one.

I guess will know the truth come this fall when we see the real deal.

Diamonds might be some girls best-friend, but for me it's the Subies!"

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I don't like it. The design follows the mainstream. At first glance, it's profile is VERY close to Cadillac's CTS sedan/coupe. Subaru's are supposed to be quirky and completely practical. I don't like a car that looks like everything else out there. It just doesn't scream Subaru at first glance. Most of there newer car since the debut of the 2012 Legacy hasn't...