Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New guy from MA

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

New guy from MA

Hello all. I bought my 2013 WR Blue WRX base sedan last month. My first Subaru. I'm in love with it! So far I've done some de-badging and added RokBlokx mudflaps and I have an appointment next month to get the windows tinted.

I want to do an axle-back from Nameless but I can't decide between the muffler delete or the 4" muffled kit. Just for the hell of it today I took my mufflers off and went on a 10 mile ride. It's a bit too loud so I'm leaning towards the muffled kit now.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to learning more about the car and participating here.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Welcome to the team.

Love your Rex.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome to the Team and welcome to the wonderful world on Subaru!
    Also congrats on the WRX!

Your Subie looks beautiful and is going to rock with the tint.
    Nice future Mod list too
    Once the Mod bug bites there is no turning back always something you can add.
    Thanks for sharing the pics.

Diamonds might be some girls best-friend, but for me it's the Subies!"

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thank You both for the welcome! I forgot to add short shifter and bushings to the list. Right now with just 1500 miles on it the stock shift feel isn't all that bad, but I'm sure as the bushings soften up it will be.

My previous car was a '12 Civic Si and Honda manual shifters are generally very good, and it sure was a lot smoother and more precise than the WRX. However it was a dead, lifeless feel, like a video game. I love how in the WRX, despite the sloppier feel, the shifter just feels more alive, with the vibrations and pulsations. I'm talking specifically about the shift feel here, but actually the same thing goes for the comparison of the 2 cars in general. The Si was a great little car, but it just had a sort of robotic, soulless character. I also hated having to rev past 5,000 rpm to get any real power out if it. The only time anything felt "special" about it was when you were wailing on it like you stole it.

I also put a round white old school style knob on it. It is the look i was after, but its too big and clunky feeling. So for now the stock knob is back on.
    Last edited by 2000gm; 03-27-2013 at 08:20 AM.

5. Top Of Page | #5

Ladies First

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome....I bet you feel super special in that beauty of yours...love the color choice...WRB FTW!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard.
    Every thug needs a lady.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

sweet ride!