Thread: The Official IGOTASUBARU's Wagon Mafia Thread

1. Top Of Page | #101
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Here ya go chibi

2. Top Of Page | #102
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Actually, 4500-5000 Kelvin HID output is as close to natural sunlight as they get. Anything higher outputs less usable (by the human eye) light output. They're basically just an asthetic modification for looking at the car. That being said, there are some headlights that look really good with higher Kelvin temp. HIDs. For instance, a blue Subaru with blue HIDs.

3. Top Of Page | #103
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hense my choice of hids lol.

4. Top Of Page | #104
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Haha. That's what I assumed. Out of curiosity, how is the light vision during a rainy and/or foggy night? I know 9000K's are just about worthless when it's wet. I'm curious how the 8000's compare.

5. Top Of Page | #105
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Never heard of 9000k u mean 10000k? For me with the 8k in both the lows and fogs on rainy and foggy days which we are starting to get alot of here. I find it easier to drive in all weather with these lights compared to stock. But thats just me.

6. Top Of Page | #106
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hrm. There is 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500, etc.. All the way through 12000K, I believe. Each produces a different temperature or "brightness" of light. 10000K would be way too dark for me. I wouldn't be able to see anything. Hell, even the 8000K's would definitely be pushing it. However, as long as it's safe for you, it's not problem at all. I have actually had an issue using the 5000K's while it was snowing really hard on the highway. The only thing that saved me was my fog lights (which are also 5000K but lower...) Improved visibility 100%!

7. Top Of Page | #107
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Some people love em some dont to each is own am i right lol.

8. Top Of Page | #108
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobystevo View Post
    Some people love em some dont to each is own AMIRITE lol.
    Fixed! Lol. But, yes. To each their own is a definite. Although, I am a serious advocate of safety.

9. Top Of Page | #109

User Info Menu

Scoobystevo thank you for sharing the pic.
    Your Subie looks awesome with all the blue glow and I like the Grill and under lights too.

I love my 5K I wanted a white light output. The only HID color I don't ilke is the highest level the pink/purple black light color.
    Those put out no light and I feel sorry for that driver. I have only see that color twice about a year ago on a car and a truck.

Check out the color chart below.
    There are some in-between colors too this chart is just good ex sample of some of the levels

Last edited by Chibi WRX; 09-22-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Diamonds might be some girls best-friend, but for me it's the Subies!"

10. Top Of Page | #110
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks. The interior is lite up too its all getting redone over this winter. Im adding tons more leds and doin some paint work and engine stuff too. Im in need of a turbo replacement. Already got all my parts just need some down time.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast