Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stay away from Scott Stokes and any shop he decides to re-open

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Stay away from Scott Stokes and any shop he decides to re-open

I'm almost done with the screw ups he created...correction, I'm almost done paying for all the screw ups he made.
    This thread is to warn other in hopes that they choose wisely with ANY shop they decide to go with. I strongly suggest doing some extensive research on the builders past builds (real builds), customer reviews (not his personal friends) and time doing it.

I chose this after all the hype on FB with him starting a new shop and while it started great with many high hopes it went sour QUICK.
    Here's my take on why not to chose this guy
    - over promise and under deliver. Was numerous my car was going to be done only to drive 4 hours away and the car still be in pieces. Never did he call or let me know it WASN'T going to be done.
    - he always blamed everyone else. my friends left me alone and having to do it after hours, my wife sux, ran out of money, etc
    - which leads me to my next reason. the guy is unstable with a lot of baggage and with poor business skills.
    - half *** work.....no need to explain when you I have pics.

anything missing?

nahh it matches the other side

I guess these are better than the stock one's I gave him....

not really since they pissed all the coolant out and overheated the car after they failed within the month or so.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

This is one that his friends would fight just because he lied to them too. After 800 or so miles and multiple things starting to go wrong I check the oil and what do you know.....there is non anymore. Where did it go? I filled it back up and kept adding to it while I fixed the other crap. Should I have changed it withing the first 500 miles after break in? prolly but considering i was told it was already broken in I was gonna wait till 1000-1500. well this is the result after I changed it.

Leaking spots

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm a pretty picky person when paying someone else to do something. I like the factory look and if youre a pro you realize it's the little things that make customers happy.
    Here's one sign that shows he couldn't even stop to think of the obvious things.

missing bracket that hold the top cover

Had to replace tstat gasket

all turbo brackets were missing so it was held by upipe only. never mentioned they were missing or anything. and yes he lost my vclamp which is why he had someone weld my EWG.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I had to pay my Subaru shop to fix all leaks but little did I know it was too late.

after not being able to dial the car in and tune constantly detecting knock it was time to open it up. My plan to move to california left me with no other alternative.
    Shop is at VSR Motorsports in Tampa and they found a shocking suprise.

Block was knocking due to several reason....
    1) block was never checked and .04 cleareance all over the block was causing coolant to leak in and lower octane levels.

Then Bobby and his crew saw that the block had been bored but the pistons were not matching. why you may ask? because they installed my 99.5 pistons inside and overhoned block. causing 2 pistons to be damaged and had to order 99.75.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

soooo this is my horror story and hope you guys don't go through what i'm going through.

the bright side is my car now has 250 ish miles being broken in by VSR Motorsports and awaiting dyno tuning Thursday.
    I'll post up HP results once i get her back.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ohh and this one was a shocker too.....well there were a lot of shocker pics.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I assume you're getting Mtuned on Thursday?
    Every thug needs a lady.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DownforceTom View Post
    I assume you're getting Mtuned on Thursday?

Ill be there and look forward to seeing it in action

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I've heard nothing but good stuff about VSR & I love my Mtune. Michael Adkins is a great dude. You'll be happy real soon.

Also, make sure you write a shop review for VSR & a tuner review for MTuned.
    Last edited by DownforceTom; 03-19-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Every thug needs a lady.